Popular Posts

Monday, July 18, 2011

Determination

I am so determined to be healthy and loose all of my extra weight! Last week I decided that it was time to do something different. Doing what I've been doing has gotten me this far, but I seemed to have stalled and I'm not happy with where I'm at, so I need to keep going. I decided to add in some weights and abs routines. I'll do 15 minutes of weights 3 times a week and 8 minutes of abs 3 times a week. I have also decided to count calories again. I'm not sure if I'll stick to this part or not. Last time I went on the counting calorie track and I became majorly obsessed about food. Maybe I'll just get an idea of the calorie content for what I already eat and go from there. I don't know, we'll see, but for now I'm keeping an open mind and a positive attitude about it all.

I've been feeling pretty good for the most part lately. A lot of my clothes are too big now, but my old clothes are still too small. It's that in between phase, which is harder some days than others. THEN, it happened.....someone posted a picture of me on Facebook from the party I went to yesterday. Not good. I told The Man, I swear that's not what I see when I look in the mirror and that's definitely not how I feel. SO, it's time to kick it into high gear and make my body match me. I don't want to be skinny, or a certain weight (well yes, I guess I do want to be a certain weight), I just want to feel comfortable and look at a picture of myself and see myself.

The important part is that I'm NOT going to beat myself up about it. I'm going to keep my nose to the grind and do what I need to do. I'm going to set reasonable goals that I can follow and keep to a schedule to make it easier on myself. Maybe once I start to see some progress I can re-evaluate what I need to do, but for now I'm hoping these small changes will make a big difference. I'm tired of being obese. I'll even settle for overweight. I just want to feel comfortable in myself and be able to wear what's in my closet (minus the prego/nursing clothes).

I am determined to do what I need to do for me and set a good example for my daughter at the same time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment