Popular Posts

Friday, July 1, 2011

The Baby

The Baby is 11 months old today. It is a bitter sweet time for me, knowing that she will be 1 year old in 4 weeks. On one hand I'm very excited to meet this amazing milestone and on the other I'm filled with sadness that my baby is turning into a big girl. I know this is what they are supposed to do and it's a great thing, but that sweetness of babyness is so precious and I know it will never be the same again. At night when I hold her in my arms while she drinks her bottle and drifts into a sleep mode, I feel this amazing bond. I look at her sweet little face and adorable little hands and think to myself how amazing it is that the love The Man and I share created this wonderful little creature. She is perfect in every way. The way her hair falls in her face and she glances up at me to make sure I'm looking at her and our eyes lock, while her tiny little hands grasp her bottle as she suckles it in and as she gets sleepier and sleepier she needs more and more help holding her bottle up......it's all just so perfect. I am trying my best to soak in every single moment of her babyness, for I know it will soon fade away and she will be a big girl who drinks from a sippy cup and doesn't need her mommy to rock her into sleepiness anymore.

I take a ton of pictures, but they never seem to really capture the feeling of the particular moment and some moments I just can't capture. Maybe being able to write them down now will help me remember them when she is all grown up, the sweet little angel that she is now.

So for the next 4 weeks my goal is spend as much time with her as possible and to soak in every single baby moment possible. :)

1 comment: