Popular Posts

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Today is a New Day!

After a crappy day yesterday, the evening turned out great! The van will be fixed for free and The Man took the night off from homework to hang out with The Baby and I. It sounded like she hit him a couple of times, but stopped when he told her to. We'll see how she does with me tonight. We all enjoyed each other's company last night. It was just what we all needed!

Today I emptied out my camera and put all of the pictures and video's on Photobucket and YouTube. If you haven't already checked them out, you should. They are both linked her on the side bar.

I really love looking at pictures and watching video's of The Baby. She is just so cute and I don't always notice all of the little details when I'm in the moment. It really makes me happy and puts a huge smile on my face on days like this.

We visited my grandparents on Saturday (Arya's Great Grandparents). It was really good to see them and I was able to talk to my Grandfather and tell him how much I love him and what my aspirations are now. If he dies tomorrow, I will have no regrets! Not that I want him to die, but now that I've seen him it won't be as bad. Looking back at the pictures I took of the day, I noticed that he looks much better than I thought he would. He doesn't look like he's dying and I don't think he looks 86 either. It's great to see the smile that The Baby brings to his face.



Our other adventure on Saturday was to Hap Magee Ranch Park in Alamo/Danville with our friends from our Muir Mommies Group. I joined this group when Arya was about 6 or 7 weeks old. The majority of us keep in contact and try to meet up every few months. I missed the last couple get togethers, so hadn't seen everyone since Christmas. It's amazing how different all the babies are now. Luckily everyone shared pictures from the events I missed, so I did kinda see them since then.

Arya had a blast!! She did throw a fit when I wouldn't let her take another baby's sippy cup, but that's what she does. The other mommies thought it was funny to see her throw a fit. I guess theirs don't all do that yet. She was fine a couple minutes later when she found something new to play with, but let me tell you, she was going after everyone else's sippy cups all day. And of course, she wanted nothing to do with her own. She cracks me up! At one point, she crawled away and sat at the edge of the lawn, playing by herself....perfectly content. After all of the babies shared their snacks and toys, we decided to take them over to the water. That's where all the fun and cuteness got out of control! Nothing is cuter than a bunch of 1 year olds playing in water half naked. Some of the babies hated the water, while some of them weren't sure what to think. As for Arya, well, she LOVED it! She was the only baby that would sit by the "sprinklers" (I can't think of a better word for them at the moment) and was totally happy playing without me in sight. One of the other babies was running all around through all of the water, another was crying and hated the water and the others were clinging to their mommies. It was pretty comical! Then, we tried to take a group pictures of all the babies together.....hahaha, yeah right!!! The one that we were able to get, had one kid crying running away. Talk about priceless memories!

I sure am looking forward to spending more time with the mommies and watching our kids grow up together. I'm SO glad I decided to joining the group! Little did I know, but it was the beginning of me branching out and meeting new, different, people with the same interests as me....our babies. :)

Just in case you didn't get enough visuals from my description of the day, here are some pictures to help you out! Enjoy!

Wandering away from the group...



The Sippy Cup Thief


Sharing Snacks and Playing


Water Fun!!







Mommies and Babies


Babies...lol























1 comment: