Popular Posts

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Change is a Comin

For this first time in a long time I feel confident in myself and how I feel about my interests. I went to The Sister-In-Laws' house on the 4th and stuck up for myself with her and her friends for the first time ever. It felt so good to not worry about how what I wanted to do affected her/them. I didn't eat any sweets!! Even though one party goer insisted it was necessary because she made them. Score #1! And when I was ready to leave, I did. I was tired of hanging out with everyone and wanted to go home, so I did. Score #2! It was amazing. That feeling of doing something for me that was positive. I was given a hard time and questioned over and over why I felt the need to leave the party before dinner and told why I should stay, and I yet I stood my ground, did what was best for me, and was on my way. Mind you I was at said party for 6.5 hours and was the first person there.

I finally feel like it's okay to be me regardless of what other people think.

I even told some of my in-law family members about my new found goal, education wise, and got an amazing reaction. I also told them how I want to expose The Baby to a different class of socializing and was also met with an amazing reaction. I so wish I could hang out with these in-laws more often. Although we have different beliefs on one level, on another we are so on the same page and I love it!

Life is good. I feel positive about my direction in life for the first time in a long time, if not ever. The Man is also on page with how I'm feeling and my actions of late and that is very reassuring. To know that I have a partner that supports me on my path is just amazing.

1 comment: