Popular Posts

Friday, August 19, 2011

Unforgettable Life Events

I'm having a rough day, feeling a little sensitive and decided that I needed to reflect on the week's events to cheer me up. So, here it goes!



The Man turned 30 this week! I found a perfect card for him and wrote him a very special note. Unfortunately he had school, so we didn't get to spend much time together. We did decide to drive in and I left work a little early to ride home with him. It was nice to spend a little time together more than usual on a school day/night.



That night, The Baby started to walk. First she took 3 steps, then 6, then 10 and finally 16. I was overjoyed to say the least! I even got the 3, 6 and 10 steps on video. Thank god I constantly have my camera attached to me when we're playing together, otherwise I would not have been able to share the moment with The Man. As soon The Baby went to bed, I unloaded the camera and left him a note saying he needed to watch the video I left open on the computer. Talk about a fantastic birthday present. The card I picked out for The Baby was good, but I'm pretty sure the walking trumped it. She still prefers to crawl over walking, but she is taking a lot more steps than she ever has and more often. I'm pretty sure by the end of next week she'll be running.



On top of the walking, The Baby finished up the last of my breast milk and switched over to just cow's milk. I've also started supplementing 2 of her bottles with sippy cups. She's still not a big fan of the sippy cup and mostly just chews on it, but I'm hoping when she sees there isn't another option she'll get the hang of it. Luckily she doesn't "have" to have as much milk as she used to, so I'm not to worried about it. Pretty soon I'll take her down to 1 bottle a day and then hopefully by the end of next month (fingers crossed), she'll completely off of the bottle. We'll see how that goes.



Last night I pulled a toy from the bottom of the toy box that The Baby had yet to play with. I thought it was still a little advanced for her, but I figured why not, let's give it a try. It was a remote controlled puppy. You push on the buttons and the puppy walks, barks or wags it's tail. I showed The Baby how it worked once. She had it from there on out. She picks up on things so well, I'm always amazed.



Lots of big things this week! It's amazing how fast kids grow and how fast they pick up on things. The Baby is starting to talk while reading her books. I think that mean she's trying to read them out loud. It's pretty darn cute. I love her language, it's just adorable! I'm trying to get it all recorded, because I'm sure soon enough she will be a really big girl and these little big girl moments will be a thing of the past.



It should be an interesting weekend. My aunt whom I've seen once in the past 6 years is coming over to meet The Baby for the first time and my Godson's birthday party is on Sunday. I'm sure you'll hear all about it on Monday. Have a great weekend everyone!! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment